The mouthpiece of The Literature Collaborative, a group of Literature students in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Dictate III, winter blowout edition

Dictate was so much fun on Thursday evening! Here's who read: Heather Bartlett, Rachel Heine, Steph Soule-Maggio, Erin Johnson, me, Alyse Speyer, Sophie Gore Browne, Amy Katz, Franciscus Alex Rebro, and Morgan Burke. Amy Arani also played her lovely songs again.

Alyse Speyer ran the show and Jessica Delfanti helped organize the event, including obtaining the tasty treats (with Stacie Nellor's assistance). We were honored to have Dean Tiffney and Professor Corum in the audience among all our other fans.

A couple friends asked me for the names of the books I referenced in the essay I read, and I'm immodest so here's my whole works cited, but the two main ones are Oranges by John McPhee and The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan. Anybody else, especially people who read at Dictate, can get their work posted here on the blog for everybody to read and re-read — just let me know if you're interested. Self-promotion is good for you.

No comments: